What better way to ring in the new year than with 18 of your high school girlfriends? From first grade through twelfth, I attended an all-girls school with approximately 50 of the same gals the whole way through. You would've thought we'd get sick of each other, but our little gathering last week proved the opposite! We sipped wine and munched, reminisced the good 'ole St. Mary's days, and shared stories of our post-college plans. I couldn't have been happier to host these ladies!
Below are a few highlights of my set-up for the evening. I have provided lists of must-have decor and food in order to turn your dining room or den into party central. Of course, I could not have pulled off all the little details without my event planning extraordinaire mother of Shindigs by Sheril!
Cheers to 2014 and hosting your own wine party in the near future...
- Burlap table runners
- Assorted white flowers in vase varieties: hydrangeas, gerber daisies, sweetheart roses
- Mason jar candle votives with burlap ribbon lining
- Assorted white platters and serving pieces
- Chalkboard food signage
- Twine ribbon
- Wine tags with a brown calligraphy pen
- *Don't forget the wine openers if your guests are bringing the alcohol!
- Baked Brie with water crackers
- Assorted sushi
- Guacamole with chips
- Roasted nuts
- White chocolate-covered pretzels
- Assorted ice cream sandwiches: salted caramel, vanilla gelato, butter toffee, etc.
- Pound cake with fresh berries
- Fudge brownie bites
- Peanut butter chocolate chip Rice Krispie bites