My fiancé and my childhood best friend were both celebrating birthdays just days apart, so I took charge to host our friends for bourbon drinks and sophisticated (and very simple) snacks.
I began with a quick farmers market grab of sunflowers and a trip to Miss Cordelia's for cheese, charcuterie and other appetizer ingredients. Though the presentation might have made this look like an all-day labor, the assembly was absolutely easy. Keep scrolling for step-by-step creations to throw together a cocktail party in a matter of minutes!
The hors d'oeuvres...
- Take a package of mini fresh mozzarella balls, rinse in water and pat dry.
- Place each mozzarella ball on a mini party skewer.
- Place store-bought or homemade basil pesto in a dipping bowl.
- Serve on a slate tray with even ends of mozzarella bites
Cheese + charcuterie
- Place mini plates of brie, goat, and gouda on a large cutting board.
- Add a side of honey or grain mustard.
- Accompany cheese wheels with cheese knives.
- Fan charcuterie (I like soppressata) and fig grain crackers around the cheese.
- Prepare pork belly the morning of the party.
- Thirty minutes before guests arrive, top store-bought flatbread crusts with all recipe toppings.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing in squares to serve.
Homemade guac with fresh cilantro and heirloom tomatoes