Happy National S’mores Day! My weather-proof, party-pleasing s’mores dip is downright delicious. We all agree that the combination of fluffy marshmallows with smooth chocolate and crispy, honey-sweetened crackers is difficult to overdo. But, you must admit, a version that allows you to still gather the gooey elements without the mess is a guaranteed winner.
I added a touch of almond butter for a nutty richness, but I completely value if you prefer a purist chocolate s’mores mentality.
Double dipping is welcome with my individual servings in these adorable Staub cocottes, though a full cast iron skillet or 8-inch round baking dish does the trick, too.
Makes a trio of cocottes (or one skillet), for 6-8
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup almond butter
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 box graham crackers
1. Preheat oven on “broiler” mode. Grease three Staub Mini Cocottes with light cooking spray or butter.
2. In a glass bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds and continuing to cook until smooth. Then, immediately stir in almond butter until combined.
3. Pour chocolate mixture evenly among cocettes. Tap sides to level-off chocolate layer. Then, carefully place mini marshmallows across the entire top of the chocolate. Then, add a second layer of marshmallows (they’ll tuck in the crackers and create a perfect top!)
4. Place all cocettes on a baking sheet. Transfer baking sheet to broiler and watch until ready, until marshmallows are golden brown. The broiler will perfectly toast your marshmallows in less than 2 minutes!
5. Serve immediately with graham crackers for dipping. If you have a bit of time before digging in, turn the oven to “warm” mode and leave cocettes in the oven until ready to serve.