Simply stunning and exactly in line with your Christmas decor, here’s my recommended recipe for the holiday. Packed with super foods and just enough sweetness, you’ll be happy you had a salad on the table to balance those desserts!!
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 6-ounce Atlantic salmon fillets
1 bunch organic lacinto kale
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/2 Washington apple, thinly sliced
1/4 cup shaved fennel
1 tablespoon honey
1/8 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
Juice of half a lemon
Maldon sea salt
Freshly cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a large cast iron or oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2. Arrange kale in serving bowls. Scatter fennel and apple slices across the top, following by pomegranate seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Season salmon filets with salt and pepper. Once skillet is hot, place filets skin-side-up for 3-4 minutes, until a crust begins to form. Then, transfer skillet to oven for 6-10 minutes based on thickness of filets.
4. While salmon cooks, in a small bowl, whisk olive oil, honey, vinegar, lemon, and some more salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a small dish alongside the salad to pour once guests are seated.
5. Top salads with salmon and vinaigrette. Serve warm.